Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Final, Much Delayed Entry!

Wow, this is SO incredibly late! Suffice to say that things went HELLA crazy on those last few days in India.

One thing I've learned from the trip is NO ONE escapes the dreaded the Delhi Belly before they leave, and just a few hours after I posted my last entry on this blog, I discovered I wasn't an exception.

I blame the condiments at McDs. I guess in some effort to save on costs, they ask that you don't throw away your extra ketchup packages when you finish, but return them to be reused instead. Fair enough. My grandparents used to do the same thing at their restaurant; the difference being that they CLEANED the packs before handing them out again. In India ( or at least agra) I don't think they do, so that when I opened a pack with my teeth(STUPID!), I think I contracted something.

The result? 4 days of laying in hotel beds and wishing I was dead. High fever and constant diarrhea forced Suji to call the doctor, and then I got the antibiotics my body sorely needed. Unfortunately, I was so sick that I was confined to a Delhi hotel for my last few days and had to cancel the Calcutta lag of the trip.

All is well now, and new health problems aside, I did survive!

It's kind of a shame that it happened, but at the same time I'm glad it occurred at the end of the trip rather than the beginning...it seems like I always get sick at the end of trips lol.

Anyway, I still had a wonderful time throughout my travels in India, and it's definitely on the cards to go back some day soon.

Great place, wonderful people, interesting culture. If there's one regret I have about this trip, it's that 21 Days just wasn't enough

No comments:

Post a Comment