Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 0 - Sleepless Nights, Big Feet, and A Touch of Meat

Well,after months of planning D-Day is finally here. Yesterday was a mad rush to finish a million errands that should've been taken care of weeks ago...what can I say? I procrastinate.

I had A LOT of clothes that needed buying for this trip, and stupidly forgot that yesterday was the last day of the Chinese New Year - a holiday I spend 500km trying to get rid of. I spent most of my time at a small "resort" in Mui Ne, and stupidly believed that when I got back on Thursday, that I would've missed the brunt of shops closing. Wrong!

All the major stores were still closed yesterday afternoon, so I wasted a good four hours trying to find the clothes i needed at the roadside stalls.

I managed to get TWO shirts that fit and a pair of shoes that feel half a size too small. Lucky for me too, because these are going to be my "trekking shoes" too. At least I got a discount on them.

The rest of yesterday was spent finishing up the other websites work, which took a lot longer than expected. I didn't eat anything until 10ish last night, and then I made the mistake of drinking pepsi = caffeine rush... Yeah, I'm going on three hours of sleep right now

But that's okay! I've made it to the airport, gouty my way through Viets who can't understand why people would ever queue for something when they could jump the line instead, gone through customs and ate at the first Burger King in Vietnam!

That will probably be my last taste of meat for quite a while. It seems like everything Indian I've ever met is a vegetarian so I'm expecting a lot of veggies when I get there. And no Beef. For a month. Me = Sad face.

Yup, in q few more minutes my flight will leave from Saigon, and after a layover in Kuala Lumpur, I'll be arriving late tonight in Mumbai. Can't wait as the 21 Days of India starts today!

No comments:

Post a Comment